Wednesday, December 23, 2015

So this is Christmas

So this is Christmas, probably the best part of a whole year, especially for hungry students. ;) But the time of preparation may be a bit stressful or even frustrating. There is always something more to clean up, something more to cook or bake, someone more to make a gift for and to visit, someone more to send a Christmas card to. Well, all those gestures require time and work but for me they are really precious and I believe that those are the things that remain in memory for a very long time. It is the 23th of December and I have already been to three Christmass Eve's parties - at the University, with comunity I partecipate and at Dylemat Cafe, mentioned already a couple of times. The last one was really special for me even though I wasn't able to stay there for a long time as I was going home the next day. 
It all started with an artistic part, as always. But this time it was all about Christmas. There were carols sung by everyone but also songs performed by the solists. All of them were beautifully amazing. As always I was completely impressed by the group of musicians who played so perfectly each piece. I was really happy to hear a song "Mary, did you know?" sung in Polish by a friend of mine, Ania. The first Polish version was made by Kuba Badach, a man of one of the warmest voices ever. You just have to check it:


I have also chosen a beautiful song, the one I wanted to sing since I was a little girl. I believe you all know the CD made by Kayah and Goran Bregovic. I have decided to sing "Nie ma, nie ma ciebie". 



Even though there was no snow (lyrics start with "Zima na ramiona moje spadła, niewinnością, białym śniegiem...)... I was really worried, because I've noticed too late that it's a preatty difficult one, maybe too difficult for me. What is more, we didn't manage to try my song during the first rehearsal... But well, in the end, I believe it went pretty well. Actually, it was the atmosphere that was the most important thing that evening, and not the perfect interpretation of the song. 

Wishing you all the most beautiful Christmas of all times spent with the people you love I would like to invite you to listen to a very beautiful but also very sad carol, sung by Margaret. It is about the Christmas 76 years ago, when there was the II World War. I think it's the one that really makes you think and appreciate whatever you have, understanding that the only things you need to be happy is peace and love of the people that are close to you.


Merry Christmas everyone! Let the Love fulfill your hearts and homes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment