How come am I writing a music blog without having ever created any toplist here?! Well, time to change this fact finaly. I would like to share with you the toplist of the most interresting or significant songs for me. There are ten songs because it's a tipical toplist's number, I guess, but it's order is quite casual. So let it begin! I nominate to my lovesong's toplist:
1. Elton John with "Can you feel the love tonight?" - because everyone loves this song and knowns it since like forever. Although I must say, I prefer the polish version of this song, it's just closer to me and it reminds me not only my childhood, but also the time spent in Bari on Erasmus.
2. Jem with "Falling for you" - because it's really beautiful but also sad and nostalgic. I also appreciate it for it's music's simpleness and for the complexity of the problems it concerns.
3. Zach Sobiech and Sammy Brown with "Fix me up" - because it's beautiful when very young people love each other with such a mature love. And because it's really autobiografic - the author of the song knew that he was going to die soon, that she coudn't fix him up.
4. Poluzjanci with "Prosta piosenka" - for the magic and simpleness of it's text and tone, for Kuba Badach's warm voice and for the vast scale of his vocal capacity.
5. Chantal Kreviazuk with "Feels like home" - because since I have seen "The Notebook" I've been dreaming of finding the one I could sing these words to.
6. Hey with "Mimo wszystko" - mostly because of the clip. In only 5 minutes it shows the reality, even the cruel reality of love, It makes the one who is listening to the song think, that you don't love somebody because of something but in spite of something. In spite of everything.
7. Voo Voo with "Gdybym" - because this song contrasts the reality of nowadays, showing that the real love is one in your life. Because I love...no, I ADORE mature men singing about the fact of being happy in their marriages. About the fact of falling in love with their wives again and again, everyday. Because these are the examples that young people really need nowadays.
8. Luxtorpeda - "Tajne znaki" - for the same reasons I ascribed to the previous song.
9. Pidżama Porno - "Dzień dobry, kocham cię" - because like two days ago it helped me understand again how wise my father was. I'm still impressed of the way he explained it's chorus to me when we were listening to it driving a car. He told me that the man who sings the song is so in love, that he thinks of the woman he loves right from the start of the day. That the bread without anything becomes tasty when you think of the one you love. That when you're that poor that you have nothing to cover a slice of bread with, there is love that makes you rich.
10. Joe Cocker - "You are so beautiful" - because every woman needs to realize that she is beautiful and worthy but also she needs to find the one who makes her feel the most beautiful in the world. And because I already did.